Motion sensor hookup to existing camera

I have a wireless micro camera which I can hook to a VCR, TV, DVD, etc with RCA connection and record or simply view. I have several cats and I want to catch one of them in the act of doing something they shouldn't be doing. I don't want to leave a recorder running all night or day for obvious reasons. Therefore, I would like to know if there is a way I can connect a motion sensor to this minor system to have it start recording as soon as a cat is detected.

Anyone have any ideas how I can go accomplish this? Other ideas are appreciated as well. I would even consider another surveillance system but only if it's a decent price as I don't care to spend too much.

Thank you

Reply to
SBH
Loading thread data ...

Cats are evil. Shoot first and don't ask questions later. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

You could use an a/v input converter that plugs into the usb port. Then use some trial software that is triggered by movement. Have a quick google and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Run something like zoneminder on a linux PC. It has a motion sensing feature.

Get a USB video capture widget (they're around $20 off fleabay).

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.