Need help from the Keypadlinc guru (or guru's)

Hello group. I am stumped. Just moved into our new house and brought my eight button keypadlincs with me. I installed the first one and can not get it to work correctly. I first cleared the memory, then reset the local control code and assigned a button in toggle mode. The controlled light will turn on and off but when I try to dim it, it blinks off. When off and I try to dim up it flashes once (the light not the switch) Thinking I had a defect I moved into another room to install a second one, did the exact same programming and it does exactly the same thing. (cannot be dimmed from a maxi controller either) I then programmed a code for a nearby standard cheapie X10 paddle dimmer and I can turn it off, and on and dim just fine from the switchlinc..What am I doing wrong? I thought it may have been a reaction from either my Homegenius, or my CM15a or my booster linc so unplugged everything so the switches are running solo. Made no difference..Hopefully someone has had a similar situation. Thanks in advance!!! John

Reply to
John
Loading thread data ...

Wow, Nobody here using Keypadlincs and have had any troubles?? I am baffled. Two doing the exact same thing. One controlling a halogen PAR 16 75 watt bulb and the other two candleabra bulbs at 40 watts each. Tried emailing Smarthome tech support, they are saying they have never seen this problem and to get an X10 expert.(takes them 4-5 days to respond) Well after using X10 for over 20 years I don't feel I am a newbie! :-) Have tried unplugging all the other X10 transcievers to make sure they are not getting signal somewhere. Odd thing is the Keypadlinc will control a neighboring module just fine..Just not it's own. Anyway would sure appriciate it if anyone might have an idea.

Reply to
John

Reply to
Wayne

Hi Wayne, Yeah I thought it needed a reset and tried it twice. I then emailed tech support at Smarthome, their first response was "make sure you don't have a flourescent or low voltage fixture" hello! Did you read my message? (I thought, but didn't say it) but in the note I sent I was very precise in telling them exactly what type of fixure, bulb ect. They finally said "they must be defective, send us your order number and lets do an RMA" so am waiting on that. Can't believe two are bad, at the same time doing the exact same thing but hey..I'll exhange them..Wierd though they work the non local modules perfectly, just not the local one.

John

Reply to
John

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.