Home Control Assistant

I'm using Home Control Assistant 6 and would like to create a script to turn certain lights on in response to a keychain remote ON when coming home and then return the lights to their settings according to the current schedule via a keychain remote OFF once in the house. Although the program could get the settings (on/off/dim level), save them and then restore the values in response to the OFF, the schedule settings could have changed between the keychain remote ON and OFF...

Any ideas about how to read the current settings of devices in the current schedule?

Reply to
Martin
Loading thread data ...

Martin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Martin, I also use Home control assistant 6. I have several questions. How many different schedules do you use and what is used to change these schedules. In response to your question, depending how the schedules are changed. You can use the flag values to report the different schedules and conditions. Then write a program that checks the flag values and responds accordingly.

Reply to
Kevin

Kevin,

I'm using one schedule. What I want to do is have some of the lights turn on from a remote and then return them to their settings _per the schedule_ with the other remote button.

For example, let's say the following actions take place:

- Lights in question dim to 70% at 10:30 PM

- Hit remote ON button at 10:57 PM to turn lights on

- Next schedule entry is dim to 40% at 11:00

- Hit remote OFF button at 11:02 to return to the schedule

The problem is, if I programatically save off the dim values at the time the ON button press is received, at 11:02 when the OFF is received and the setting restored, the lights will be returned to 70%, instead of dimmed to 40% per the schedule.

So the question is, how do I read the scheduled (as opposed to actual) off/on/dim value for a particular unit?

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Martin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The question is Martin, In your scenario, The light in question will dim to 40% at 11Pm. Or do you want to suspend the schedule until you press the "off" button? and then have it dim to 40%. I think I have an idea what you want it to do. I just need to know if after you press the "on" button, do you want the schedule to suspend until you press off and then execute the current schedule?

Reply to
Kevin

Kevin,

No, I don't want to suspend the schedule. I want to read the current on/off/dim value for each unit from the current schedule in order to restore each unit to the setting i would have had if nothing had happened in the interem.

I don't want to save off the on/off/dim value before turning them on at 100, and restore that, % because that value, per the example in the last posting, might not be the same as the intended value per the schedule at that time.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Kevin,

On the other hand, if it was set up to switch to a different schedule on the ON button and back to the original on the OFF, is there some way the units could catch up to the current schedule settings, similar to restarting after a power failure?

Let me know if you have any ideas...

Thanks, Mart>Kevin,

Reply to
Martin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.