ToggleLinc problem with dimming from PLC

I just bought a Smarthome ToggleLinc 2-way dimmer with BoosterLinc technology (23890W). I wish to use it as a simple X10 wall switch. The only reason I didn't use a standard X10 wall switch was because I wanted local dim (the boosterlinc was a nice bonus too). The problem is that the switch is not responding to PLC signals the same was as any of my other X10 equipment. If I send the signal to dim the light from any controller (I have used a maxi controller, a wireless hand held, and a computer interface) the light will start to dim as it should but then very quickly fades off after it gets to about 50%. If I stop pushing dim before it gets to about half brightness, pause for a sec, and continue to press dim, the light will dim. But if I try to dim quickly (as I can do with all other lamp modules and wall switch modules), the light quickly goes off.

I have turned off Boosterlinc and I have turned off 2-way transmissions. I also changed the fade rate to the quickest allowed. The problem still remains. I am controlling a simple 60-watt incandescent light.

Is the product simply defective? Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks for the help, Nate Johnson

Reply to
Nate Johnson
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like a call to Smarthome Tech Support (which is pretty good) is in order.

Reply to
BruceR

Yes, that is what I thought as well. I sent a copy of this post to their tech support. I just thought someone else may have run into this one before. I have a lot of other Smarthome devices, but this is my first Togglelinc..... so I wasn't sure how great of a product it was.

Just to note, I don't think it is a signal strength issue either. I have a number of filters installed on common signal suckers, a passive phase coupler, and everything else works fine.

Thanks for the input, Nate

Reply to
Nate Johnson

Reply to
Dave Houston

I suspected something similar. This is why I disabled all 2-way on the device. I was also concerned it may have something to do with "ramp rate" which is why I turned the fade on and fade off feature off. I also disabled "BoosterLinc" just to eliminate one more thing. Its now down to a basic X10 wall switch module that happens to have local dim.

Thanks again for all of the help, Nate

Reply to
Nate Johnson

I am still having this same problem with a new ToggleLinc. Smarthome tech support concluded that it must be a defective part, but the new one does the exact same thing. It will start to dim correctly and then jump to off. A standard X10 switch in its place works exactly as it should. I will be calling Smarthome tomorrow, but I thought you guys may have an answer.

Thanks again for all of the help, Nate

Reply to
Nate Johnson

Nate: Just a stab in the dark. Try to defeat the 2-way performance. The instructions that came with the unit give you a means to defeat the

2-way and just have the unit resp>I am still having this same problem with a new ToggleLinc. Smarthome

Manny Balfour Sayville, NY snipped-for-privacy@nospamieee.org

Reply to
Manny Balfour

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.