Bigger x-10 maxi controller?

I use x-10 maxi controllers and am pressing against the 16 unit limit. Is there a max-max controller to let me reach another 16 units on another house code? I know I can change the house code, but if I do it too often it is a pain and will wear out. Can I put a button on the maxi so I can EASILY address another house code? Any other simple solution? All I ever use are the ON, OFF, and ALL OFF buttons.

Reply to
Nick Hull
Loading thread data ...

Yes - the Smarthome Control Linc Maxi number 4071 will control all 256 codes from the panel with the cover off and offers ten programmable macro buttons with the cover closed. You'll love it. I do! It has tremendous stand-alone capabilities and can turn off entire groups of housecodes. If you have lights on C, F, and G for example, you can program a single button to send an ALL OFF in sequence to each group of modules.

formatting link

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

That looks like it has only 10 buttons, I want to control 20 lights individually, not in groups.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Click on the pic to see a larger image so you can read the labels. You can control 256 lights, individually.

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Look more closely at the various photos. There's a perforated, hinged cover that lets ten buttons you're seeing show through (and provides a different function for those buttons when the lid is closed than when open) but there's a whole lot more under the lid.

When the lid is open, there is a bank of house code buttons, A through P on the left and a bank of unit code buttons, 1 through 16 on the right. In the center are All Units and All users ON/OFF buttons. Along the bottom of the unit, with the lid open, are programming buttons, ON and OFF and BRIGHT and DIM buttons. It's what you're looking for, really! I've never seen a controller with even half the power or features, especially for under $40. It takes just three presses to control any one of 256 X-10 devices: House Code + Unit Code + Command.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

You are right, I missed operation under the cover. Looks like a good unit for my purposes. Thanks.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.