GEMINI P3200 KEYPAD MESSAGE

I get "enter your code to access area" at GEM-DXRP1 keypad connecting to a Gemini P3200. Even master security code want work. Any idea? Thank you!

Reply to
proguardsec
Loading thread data ...

Gemini P3200. Even master security code want work. Any idea?

If you are trying to get into programming, is it KP #1 ? Programming has to be done on that one.

Master code wont disarm IIRC if that's what you're trying to do.

If the system was working and you just came to service, power-cycle it first - that fixes everything on those POS panels.

What *are* you trying to do?

Reply to
G. Morgan

a Gemini P3200. Even master security code want work. Any idea?

I made a cold start to the panel and after that i made doownload. Everything was ok. I was downloading the panel which was in disarm mode and after ending download this message came up. I took the panel on the bench in order to find out what happens. The keypad is in address 01. Of course i power cycle it but after the panel boot up this msg came up: "Enter our code to access area" I used master security code, dealer code, user code 1, user code 2, but still the same. "Invalid access code, try again" It's the first time i saw this msg...

Reply to
proguard

Gemini P3200. Even master security code want work. Any idea?

I'm not all that familiar with the Napco products, but it sounds to me like you've programmed the keypad as a global partition and it's not actually "parked" in the one you want to arm. Try entering partition 1 from the keypad and then it should work normally. When you download it again (as I'm sure you will), try assigning it to partition 1 and I think you'll avoid getting this message.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

to a Gemini P3200. Even master security code want work. Any idea?

Its the most strange situation. The panel denies to answer the incoming cal= l for dl and always get the message "enter your code to access area" !!! i cannot get into programming even with master security code!

Reply to
proguardsec

=CE=A4=CE=B7 =CE=9A=CF=85=CF=81=CE=B9=CE=B1=CE=BA=CE=AE, 9 =CE=A3=CE=B5=CF= =80=CF=84=CE=B5=CE=BC=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 9:10:17 =CE=BC.=CE= =BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 (=CE=AC=CE=B3= =CE=BD=CF=89=CF=83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=82) =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

=CF=80=CF=84=CE=B5=CE=BC=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 2:16:15 =CE=BC.= =CE=BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 Frank Kurz= =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

ng to a Gemini P3200. Even master security code want work. Any idea?

all for dl and always get the message "enter your code to access area" !!!

Also after start up the panel i get st the keypad "NAPCO I S #1 IN" and aft= er that the msg "enter your code to access area"...=20 i am confused :-(

Reply to
proguardsec

Wild guess, but look at the area assignments for the keypads, and the area assignments for the users.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

??????? Frank Kurz

Are you using the code on the sticker? If so you might try a spare PROM and the code that comes with it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

=CE=A4=CE=B7 =CE=9A=CF=85=CF=81=CE=B9=CE=B1=CE=BA=CE=AE, 9 =CE=A3=CE=B5=CF= =80=CF=84=CE=B5=CE=BC=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 11:13:36 =CE=BC.= =CE=BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 Bob La Lon= de =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

=CF=80=CF=84=CE=B5=CE=BC=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 2:16:15 =CE=BC.= =CE=BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 Frank Kurz= =20

=8F=C2=BD, 02:33, G. Morgan =20

Yap, i am using the master security code on the sticker but cannot do nothi= ng because i always get the msg i mention before. DO you know where to find spare prom for gemini? probably from a new one pa= nel... And to copy the code from the new one to the previous?

Reply to
proguardsec

a Gemini P3200. Even master security code want work. Any idea? Thank you!

The first thing that comes to mind is try moving the jumper on the board so= that you go into keypad settings mode. Enter code 111234. Press the functi= on key repeatedly and check which area the keypad(s) are assigned to. If no= t set to area 1, that could be the problem. Change the area to one, press t= he on/off button to save. Press the reset button. Move the jumper on the bo= ard back to the run position. Now you should be able to access the programi= ng.

If that's not the solution, you may have entered a number in the "access" p= rograming. Some people think this is an arming/disarming code. Actually it'= s a code to be used in conjunction with the brown wire coming from the keyp= ad to open an electric strike. I've never used this function so I don't kno= w exactly how it works or what the results would be if you entered a code i= n the programing.

Reply to
Jim

If it's already on the bench and you solved the customer's problem by replacement, just default it and start over. Keep as a spare when you get it sorted. Napco can tell you the procedure for a master reset. So can at least 4 folks here if they are willing to post it.

I think you have an area/KP conflict.

Reply to
G. Morgan

that the msg "enter your code to access area"...

I don't think the KP is addressed correctly.

Reply to
G. Morgan

oownload. >Everything was ok. >I was downloading the panel which was in dis= arm mode and after ending >download this message came up. >I took the panel= on the bench in order to find out what happens. >The keypad is in address =

1. Of course i power cycle it but after the >panel boot up this msg came u= p: >"Enter our code to access area" I used master security code, dealer >co= de, user code 1, user code 2, but still the same. >"Invalid access code, tr= y again" It's the first time i saw this msg... If it's already on the bench= and you solved the customer's problem by replacement, just default it and = start over. Keep as a spare when you get it sorted. Napco can tell you the = procedure for a master reset. So can at least 4 folks here if they are will= ing to post it. I think you have an area/KP conflict.

You have to be able to get into programing in order to default the panel.

Reply to
Jim

=CE=A4=CE=B7 =CE=A4=CE=B5=CF=84=CE=AC=CF=81=CF=84=CE=B7, 12 =CE=A3=CE=B5=CF= =80=CF=84=CE=B5=CE=BC=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 6:17:33 =CE=BC.=CE= =BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 Jim =CE=AD=CE= =B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

doownload. >Everything was ok. >I was downloading the panel which was in d= isarm mode and after ending >download this message came up. >I took the pan= el on the bench in order to find out what happens. >The keypad is in addres= s 01. Of course i power cycle it but after the >panel boot up this msg came= up: >"Enter our code to access area" I used master security code, dealer >= code, user code 1, user code 2, but still the same. >"Invalid access code, = try again" It's the first time i saw this msg... If it's already on the ben= ch and you solved the customer's problem by replacement, just default it an= d start over. Keep as a spare when you get it sorted. Napco can tell you th= e procedure for a master reset. So can at least 4 folks here if they are wi= lling to post it. I think you have an area/KP conflict.

I had get into keypad programming with 11123 and the keypad address is ok. = Its 01. To default the panel i think the only way is the cold start functio= n inside the programming. I dont know if there is a hard way to reset it.

Reply to
proguardsec

=CF=80=CF=84=CE=B5=CE=BC=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 6:17:33 =CE=BC.= =CE=BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 Jim =CE=AD= =CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: > On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:23:46 = AM UTC-4, G. Morgan wrote: > > > proguard Wrote: >I made a cold start to th= e panel and after that i made doownload. >Everything was ok. >I was downloa= ding the panel which was in disarm mode and after ending >download this mes= sage came up. >I took the panel on the bench in order to find out what happ= ens. >The keypad is in address 01. Of course i power cycle it but after the= >panel boot up this msg came up: >"Enter our code to access area" I used m= aster security code, dealer >code, user code 1, user code 2, but still the = same. >"Invalid access code, try again" It's the first time i saw this msg.= .. If it's already on the bench and you solved the customer's problem by re= placement, just default it and start over. Keep as a spare when you get it = sorted. Napco can tell you the procedure for a master reset. So can at leas= t 4 folks here if they are willing to post it. I think you have an area/KP = conflict. > > > > You have to be able to get into programing in order to de= fault the panel. I had get into keypad programming with 11123 and the keypa= d address is ok. Its 01. To default the panel i think the only way is the c= old start function inside the programming. I dont know if there is a hard w= ay to reset it.

Do you have the Napco downloading software? If so, you may want to hook t= he panel to a telephone line and try to Upload the program. If you can ... = then you can analyze the programing and possibly find out what's going on. = I haven't used a 3200 in a long time but I think you can restart the panel = from the panel status section in the up/download part of the program.=20

It sounds like you have a programing conflict. If you use the Check for Er= rors function in the Tools section when downloading it will tell you if the= re is a conflict or something you forgot. It's not perfect but it does a pr= etty good job. If you program at the keypad, Napco has so many different c= ombinations of functions and programing options, I would guess that there a= re some holes in the program that would allow you to program a conflict wit= h out it giving you a warning. It's better to download panels above 8 or 16= zones rather than programing by keypad. =20

Have you tried to use the manager mode to change to another partition? ( * =

• 1 + Enter or On/Off key) ? ( then try * + 2 + Enter .... all the way up= to maximum partitions. If it lets you do that .... each time you get to a = new partition, try to get into programming.

Have you tried the default codes that come from the factory?=20

Try holding down key's 1234 all at the same time for a few seconds. This sh= ould reset the keypad in case there's a hangup there.=20

Did you say that you only have one keypad? Do you have another keypad that = you can temporarily replace it with?

Reply to
Jim

=B5=CF=80=CF=84=CE=B5=CE=BC=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 6:17:33 =CE= =BC.=CE=BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 Jim = =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: > On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:=

23:46 AM UTC-4, G. Morgan wrote: > > > proguard Wrote: >I made a cold start= to the panel and after that i made doownload. >Everything was ok. >I was d= ownloading the panel which was in disarm mode and after ending >download th= is message came up. >I took the panel on the bench in order to find out wha= t happens. >The keypad is in address 01. Of course i power cycle it but aft= er the >panel boot up this msg came up: >"Enter our code to access area" I = used master security code, dealer >code, user code 1, user code 2, but stil= l the same. >"Invalid access code, try again" It's the first time i saw thi= s msg... If it's already on the bench and you solved the customer's problem= by replacement, just default it and start over. Keep as a spare when you g= et it sorted. Napco can tell you the procedure for a master reset. So can a= t least 4 folks here if they are willing to post it. I think you have an ar= ea/KP conflict. > > > > You have to be able to get into programing in order= to default the panel. I had get into keypad programming with 11123 and the= keypad address is ok. Its 01. To default the panel i think the only way is= the cold start function inside the programming. I dont know if there is a = hard way to reset it.

nt to hook the panel to a telephone line and try to Upload the program. If = you can ... then you can analyze the programing and possibly find out what'= s going on. I haven't used a 3200 in a long time but I think you can restar= t the panel from the panel status section in the up/download part of the pr= ogram.

for Errors function in the Tools section when downloading it will tell you= if there is a conflict or something you forgot. It's not perfect but it do= es a pretty good job. =C2=A0If you program at the keypad, Napco has so many= different combinations of functions and programing options, I would guess = that there are some holes in the program that would allow you to program a = conflict with out it giving you a warning. It's better to download panels a= bove 8 or 16 zones rather than programing by keypad.

• + 1 + Enter or On/Off key) ? ( then try * + 2 + Enter .... =C2=A0 all the= way up to maximum partitions. If it lets you do that .... each time you ge= t to a new partition, try to get into programming.

should reset the keypad in case there's a hangup there.

t you can temporarily replace it with?

Dear Jim, i have downloaded the panel and after that i made a cold start from the keypad. everything was ok, it have been defaulted and then i download the programming as i took it before cold start from the panel with upload. Then this msg came up! After that i cannot dl it again. The panel refuse to answer even by remote with phone lines even with pci mini. With pci mini i get the msg of connection error, retry... etc... I will rty manager mode as you told me and the other tip with 1234 and also a new keypad... Default codes i used eith no success was 123 and 1234

Reply to
spyros

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.