GEM-P3200 on/off report

At GEMINI P3200 i cannot locate the address where i have to programme for open/close reporting for i.ex. user #1 at Contact ID. And also what do i have to programme? Just anyone number in order to wake up the reporting event or the specific point id user #1 open/close code? can somebody help?

tnx in advance! spyros

Reply to
proguard
Loading thread data ...

It's a bit more involved than that. I would strongly urge you to use Napco's "Quickloadr" software to program any of the Gemini panels, especially larger ones like yours. The software is a free download. If you need help using it, give me a call and I'll be happy to walk you through it. Napco makes an inexpensive serial adaptor, called a PCI-MINI, which you need to connect the panel directly to your PC.

I Googled to locate a Napco distributor in Greece and, much to my surprise, the first link led to a list where the first link is to my US online store. Checking Napco's own site however, I found the following. They can provide you with the PCI-MINI. Again, the software is free and if you want assistance using it from me, that's free too. Anyway, here's the distributor:

Force

5 Ilektras Street 551-34 Thessaloniki Greece Tel: +30 (23) 10805180 Fax: +30 (23) 10805387
formatting link
If they can't or won't help, let me know. I don't take small, overseas orders but if you pay the shipping I can send you one. They cost about US$25 or so retail. I'd rather you buy it locally but if you can't give me a call.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

Why go to all that trouble when you could easily walk him through keypad programming, assuming you CAN do that

Reply to
mleuck

It's a pain because O/C reporting is turned on per user. You turn on opening per user, and then your turn on closing per user. Also the address programming for Napco panels is a little strange to start with.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I agree. I would rather do it using Quickloader.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

A little strange? That's an understatement

Reply to
mleuck

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0+30=A0(23)=A010805180

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Thanks Bob, I'll let you know if i'll need assistant. Force is near my location, about a Km, but i am sure i'll order from you the pci mini and a modem for download. I' ll let yoy know very soon.

Reply to
proguard

No problem but you don't actually need the modem. If your PC has a serial port, just get the basic PCI-MINI. If you only have USB ports you'll need the PCI-MINI-USB, which includes a Napco-compatible USB port. Try to order the stuff locally if you can. Shipping to Greece is slow and expensive.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That's because you know better. Leuck doesn't.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Finally i made it but only to send openings from user #1 and not closing! why? what i am missing? i'm very curious! At addresses from 0650 to 0857 i programm all with the same account number. At 0864 --> blank/3 At 0866 --> blank/1 At 1024 & 1025 left all blank At 1030 --> blank/1 At 1044 --> blank/1

and it reports only openings... (as 1401001) (point id)

???

Reply to
proguard

I doubt Jim knows how to keypad program Napco 3200's either however it's not his preferred brand so he has an excuse.

Reply to
mleuck

e:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

It should be 1043 for closings users 1 to 8, 1044 is users 9 to 16

Reply to
mleuck

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=91=CF=80=CF=8C=CE=BA=CF=81=CF=85=CF=88=CE=B7 =CE=BA=CE=B5=CE=B9=CE=BC=CE= =AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE=B5=CF= =83=CE=B7 -

=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE= =B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

:-/ yap...... i feel like an idiot... that was my mistake! If you notice the addresses for openings of users 1-32 are form right to the left in the programming manual but at closings starts from 1043 right to left. It's easier to programme via udl software but Gemini isnt a panel i use to work with it. I came across with this P3200 while i found it preinstalled in a premise and want to take it to my ARC. If you have experience in programming with keypad a lot of panels, it isnt difficult the Gemini but the addresses are not in order so it is a little bit mess. I'm downloading UK panels texecom, Caddx, Omni & XL series of FBII, Electronic line, Paradox but in Napco i dont have experience in downloading because if i use Napco, i work with XP400-600 for small businesses and programming is so easy and fast with the keypad. Thanks mleuck for your attention and assistance ;-)

Reply to
proguard

After he spent a week downloading updates.

I keypad program modern DSC panels because its easier than setting up their software. The old DSC software was pretty easy to use though.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=91=CF=80=CF=8C=CE=BA=CF=81=CF=85=CF=88=CE=B7 =CE=BA=CE=B5=CE=B9=CE=BC=CE= =AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE=B5=CF= =83=CE=B7 -

=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8= =CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

Glad to help and I almost missed that one. The XP500/600 and GEM

400/800/801 are much easier to program because they emulate .....drum roll....DSC programming!
Reply to
mleuck

Dear mleuck

i cannot wake up also the 24h test for central station. I cannot locate the address at gem p3200. At DXRP1 keypad there isnt also the question for central station test. Any help?

Thank again

Reply to
proguard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.