Low battery message on Keypad

Yesterday while eating dinner my gemini keypad beeped and when I looked at the message it said low battery. The battery is about 2-3 years old and we have not had any power failures.

What can cause this?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Ziggy
Loading thread data ...

Steve,

Nothing lasts forever, although 2-3 years is a bit short for the lifespan of a battery.

Have your alarm company out and replace it or pick one up at Granger, etc. (12volt 5-7 A/hr)

Regards

Ziggy wrote:

Reply to
jewellfish

Normal battery life is 3 to 5 years.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Thank you

Roland Moore wrote:

Reply to
Ziggy

As others have said, typical battery life is about 3-5 years. You can have your alarm company service it or replace it yourself. The battery which your alarm company provided is probably either 4.0 or 7.0 Amp Hour, 12 Volts. Regardless which one you have, install a 7.0 Amp Hour replacement battery. The cost difference is miniscule but the larger battery will last significantly longer during a power outage.

12 Volt, 7 Amp Hour batteries retail (online) for about $15 to $20. Alarm companies usually charge a service fee for replacing the battery which can range from around $35 to $70 or more plus the price of the battery itself which might be higher than retail.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

A low battery. They don't last forever.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Time You should change batteries every 3 year. I date mine with a magic marker. Time flies.

Reply to
Rich

your alarm company service it or replace it yourself.

Amp Hour, 12 Volts. Regardless which one you have,

but the larger battery will last significantly longer

companies usually charge a service fee for replacing the

battery itself which might be higher than retail.

As usual ...... you're a w**re!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

Ziggy be careful with this "gentleman"

while his offer seem ok,what he doesn't tell you is that if you play with a monitored system,you could revoke the contract between you and your alarm company...

of course,nothing could happen,but if you open your box and in the next few week your panel refuse to work properly when it should have created an alarm,the insurance company of the alarm provider will use the fact that you opened the box to prevent them paying you,if the panel/installation was faulty because it was your fault..

Be careful and ask your alarm company about this,they could even send you by post the battery or offer you to pick it up,but at least the will tell you how to do it,this will prevent them of telling you,that you used the wrong battery type or such bad excuse...

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: Cq2dnTgJo4aPlDjYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Petem

But there's a distinct advantage to having the system serviced professionally. For one thing, not all "do-it-yourselfers" are fully conversant with operating a meter and most wouldn't know how to properly trim (or check) the charger (not that a lot of the ASTTBC registered fire protection technicians that I've seen know how to do this either).

companies usually charge a service fee for replacing the

the battery itself which might be higher than retail.

Reply to
FIRETEK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.