Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

We have two small office at different locations, which is best VPN solution?
We have Two offices at Two different locations, both places are using Linux. we have a common web server for both places, so I need to run VPN to access different location machines (mainly some web...

How do firewalls react to UDP port scans?
I am trying to write a freeware client/server program that needs to scan the server's ports for the server's open UDP port. Before I get too deep into this, are there any problems that I need to know...

WAN overload?
Our servers have been performing poorly for some time and I find downloading a test 1M file is erratic. The ISP says that there is nothing wrong with their network and that it must be our hardware...

FWSM and advanced connection/protocol timeout settings
This FWSM is in single mode, we when I speak of context below I mean only CLI contexts. Does anyone know of a way to change conn timeouts within a specific "object-group service" module and restrict...

VPN vs. VPN Tunnel
Newbie technology question: Is there a difference between just having a VPN, vs having a VPN tunnel? Or on the other hand, is the case that, in fact, when you create a VPN, there is inherently a VPN...

LF: Sonicwall SOHO3 firmware
Mine needs to be reloaded as it was corupted and is now gone. I don't really care about if its the latest version or not, I would just like to get up and running again. If anyone has an old firmware...

Connecting to VPN server from Linux behind Watchguard x500
Hi...i'm trying to establish a vpn connection from my linux box (ubuntu server 6.06) to my vpn router at home...if I connect with my windows machine everything is normal and i get two lines in the...

Nebelhorn Trophy
X-No-Archive: Yes One thing that is not happening with our coverage of Nebelhorn Trophy, but going on at one at one figure skating discussion board is that someone was logged on from work. That user...

iptables' ROUTE target not supported in fedora/redhat distro??
I couldn't find in any of the fedora/redhat iptables' rpms? Is it only available for mandriva and ASP distro? Am sure am missing some thing here! How do I get this ROUTE target for redhat distro?

Identification of Symantec Enterprise Firewall Version
I've been looking for a way to identify SEF from the outside. nmap and Nessus seem to have tests associated with version 6.x but not for 7.x or 8.x. Can someone out there with a definate version 7 or...

Blocking everything except Outlook Express?
Hey, the internet at my office is only for use to get emails in Outlook express, yet people are using it more and more for personal browsing. Since I am sorta the tech in the office, I have been asked...

Configuring PIX Firewall
Hello, I'm having to configure a PIX 515e firewall that's on our network, but know very little about networking. A 'show version' results in: Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(4) Cisco PIX Device Manager...

Port forwarding to a remote host AND local processing on redhat linux
I use kernel 2.4.x. My requirement is to do port forwarding to a remote host AND to process these packets locally. I tried using iptables for port forwarding. It works. But I can't process these...

Corporate firewall location
X-No-Archive: Yes Do corporations really have one firewall for every worldwide office? One caution in the GeoStates page for LIve 365 broadcasters advises that some locations recorded may not be 100...

Small Form Factor Firewall
Does anyone make a small form factor firewall that is manageable by a web interface, with a rule based configuration similar in principle to Checkpoint's, but is designed for individual computers or a...