Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Firewall and VPN
Hi What are recomended for use when you set up a VPN connection? IPSec or L2TP/PPTP? Are there any benefits by using a vendor suplied VPN client instead of the one builtin XP? /A.

Connecting to Sonicwall VPN
We are having issues with people trying to connect from home. If they connect directly into their DSL the VPN works great, but if they connect from behind a router then they will connect but are...

Cisco ASA help
Is there anyone (maybe with a cisco smartnet that can send email to that can answer to my question: - topology - 2 ASA version 7.2(1) connected to internet each with 5 Mbps of internet bandwidth and...

mac address firewall?
Hi, Is there any firewall that can specify mac address in addition to IP address in the source/destination? Thanks. -- Regards, Johnny

Zone Alarm (Freeware-) stopped reporting intrustions..
Despite considerable use of the internet since installing ZA, on the main page it shows not a single attempt at intrusion, whereas in the past there were hundreds/thousands after a while. We have...

Sygate 5.6.2808 vs Win98 SE
I have installed the last free version of Sygate 5.6.2808 on my portable running Win 98 SE (Wi-fi connection). Once installed, the machine loses connectivity to the outside world. I have tried every...

Cisoc ASA QoS
I have 2 ASA version 7.2 with L2L IPSec VPN tunnel configured (5 Mbps of internet bandwidth). I need to configure qos only across this Lan to Lan IPSec tunnel (5 Mbps total bandwidth) with a Rate...

Nortan VS. Mcafee internet Secuirty
Good Afternoon, What Program Nortan Internet Secuirty or Mcafee internet secuirty takes up less of your RAM memory while running in the backround?

Netscreen 50 - Dialup VPNs - more than one destination subnet
Dear all, I'm trying to set up a dial up vpn so that some remote users could reach more than one subnet at the trust side. On the client side, there's the "Remote party Identify and Addressing" where...

Cisco Pix Firewall 520 (6 interface) for sales
Cisco Pix Firewall 520 (6 interface) for sales. Taken from production environment. Interested party sms Mr Lim at (65) 9172 5548.

ICMP, normal traffic?
Hi, I had not replies to my earlier WAN Overload? email. Sadly our ISP has simply said that our hardware would not be adversly affected by broadcast traffic. Here is output from our firewall showing...

Check Point Transparent Mode
Is anybody familiar with Check Point's transparent mode or bridge mode & how to configure it? I'm having a hard time finding any documentation on it. Thanks.

Kerio: Allowing specific subnet through VPN adaptor
Hi all, I'm trying to access remote Windows fileshares over a VPN conneciton I have to work. Kerio is my firewall. Kerio was blocking traffic from 192.168.*, since it was coming over the VPN adaptor...

VoIP (SIP 5060UDP etc.) and Watchguard Firebox II - has anyone achieved this?
We have tried several VoIP ATA's behind a Firebox II with a whole range of rules in the firebox but cannot get past the 5min32sec NAT dropout issue. That is, the Firebox terminates the NAT session...

Unusual problem. Could it be firewall acting up?
Hi I'm having an unusual problem I'm unsure if it's related to the firewall. Recently I ran into the following problem. When I connect to the Internet, I'm able to surf fine. However if I try to...