Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VPN Client thru PIX to PIX. Unable to get packets accross established tunnel
Having a little be of an problem here. We are wanting to get a few select users access outbound to get to a client's PIX that has vpn connection capability. I can get the VPN tunnel established by...

ZoneAlarm bundled in Windows 2000 Pro
I just installed W2K pro (SP4) on a new computer. I also installed sygate personal firewall on it. My surprise is that the firewall reported activity from zonealarm.exe, which appears on the task...

zonealarm program icons
Greetings Probably a naive question, but its been bugging me since I upgraded to Windows XP... Is there any way of getting Zonealarm to display more than 4 program icons at the top of its screen,...

Help with a science project
Hello all: I'm going to be working on an extended science project for high school, and I would like to, among other things, test the strengths of many commercially available firewalls. I plan to...

Sonicwall: N2H2 vs Websense?
Which is the better product? Which is better supported on the Sonicwall appliances? Any comparison reports? Sonicwall is our firewall of choice in our Enterprise, and I've been asked to come up with a...

Zone Alarm Lock When Away from Computer
I have a DSL connection and am leaving my computer on most of the time. The DSL on this computer is new and so is Zone Alarm (free version). I called and asked the DSL provider if I could shut off DSL...

Problems: VPNs whit Netscreen 500
Hi all, I administer a Netscreen 500 (firmware 5.0.0r4.0) and I have some problems with VPN-IPSEC instauration between the apppliance and my Netscreen-Remote-Client. Phase 1 instauration VPN often...

Need to stop firewall & antivirus from starting at bootup?
In ZA Pro you go Overview | Preferences | General Remove the check mark from Load at startup Ma No

Port Scanning
As a rule all anti-virus, spyware and firewall protection systems need to be installed on a clean system. Most of the problems that I have had to solve were those on systems of up time more than 60...

Personal Firewall - Block all but some application
Thanks everybody for such informational feedback. After doing some testing we have temporarily started using Norton Personal Firewall. Its performance so far seems good. Very few pop-ups and ease of...

firewall + proxy server
Hi I am looking for a firewall + proxy server. I am running a Windows 2K domain, with AD. I know ISA can do this, but I do not want to have any client SW (like what ISA do) I need the proxy server to...

US Robotics 9105/9106 firewall
Hello, I've got a US Robotics 9106 modem/router and I see it uses iptables and ebtables (same as 9105 ?). There seems little technical information availble in newsgroups, forums and websites. The best...

Firebox 700 to Symantec VelociRaptor 1200
Dear NG, is it possible to establish a site-2-site-VPN-connection between a Symantec VelociRaptor 1200 and a Watchguard Firebox 700. Our customer has made some S2S tunnels with Symantecs Firewall on...

Getting rid of a spyware program called "Once Dead"
Hello, my first post to this group: I've been trying unsuccessfully to rid my machine of the program "Once Dead.exe". I run Windows XP and IE. I've gone through SpyKiller, bought the program, and I've...

CIPE Linux to Windows
Hi, i am trying to establish a VPN using CIPE between Redhat Linux 9 server and a windows 2000 server.. For eg: my Linux server's external ip address : 67.xx.xx.101 internal ip address : 192.168.1.101...