Help needed for AP Aironet 1100 firmware upgrade

Hello,

I inherited a new customer network to manage. This customer uses two Aironet

1100 AP for providing wireless network. I have configured this wireless network so that it uses certificates and a Windows-based Radius server for authentication. During this configuration work, I found that the AP were providing the Radius server with an incorrect NAS-Port type. Googling revealed that other people have enountered this situation and a firware upgrade is required to solve the problem.

I must confess that I have no experience with Cisco access points and IOS and the customer lost all documentation. I am looking for some guidance for upgrading the firmware. I am not sure if I have to use things like "Autonomous to lightweight mode upgrade tool" ?

Here is the current configuration:

Product/Model Number: AIR-AP1120B-E-K9 System Software Filename: c1100-k9w7-tar.122-11.JA System Software Version: 12.2(11)JA Bootloader Version: 12.2(4)JA

I also would like to be able to roll back to the current version but IOS v12.2(11) seems not to be downloadable anymore on Cisco's web site.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Xavier

Reply to
Xavier
Loading thread data ...

"Xavier" crashed Echelon writing news:eo2rhe$b7a$ snipped-for-privacy@news.brutele.be:

12.2(11) is deffered, current ED IOS for 1100 is 12.3.11-JX1

If you really need a backup of old firmware just copy it out from the AP.

Reply to
Bjarke Andersen

Hi Xavier,

You may wish to investigate 1100 AP Managing Firmware and Configurations:

formatting link
as well as 1100 AP Troubleshooting:

formatting link
You can locate the latest firmware for your platform and locate the latest version of firmware, drivers, or utilities by looking at the numbering sequence.

formatting link
Cisco IOS Upgrade Planner:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks for the information.

Reply to
Xavier

Thanks for the pointers. I've downloaded the docs and will read them carefully.

Xavier

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Xavier

Note that 12.3(11)JX1 is *not* for autonomous IOS operation - it's for LWAPP only.

Latest IOS for Aironet APs is 12.3(11)JA1 (confusingly, this is more recent than 12.3(11)JX1.) However, 12.3(11)JA branch autonomous IOS won't run on 16MB APs such as the 1100 ... the latest sw for aIOS for the 1100 is 12.3(8)JEA (with 12.3(8)JEA1 due out by the end of this week, last I heard.)

So I would first copy the existing 12.2(11)JA code (and your config) from the AP to a TFTP server. (Use "archive upload" for the former operation and "write net" [or equivalent] for the latter.) Then try putting 12.3(8)JEA on.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

OK, Thanks for your input.

Xavier

Reply to
Xavier

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.