3600 RAM and Flash Uopgrade

I need to replace all Flash and RAM on a 3640 router and I know I will loose both the config and the IOS Image.

What are the procedures for this? I cannot seem to find anything on cisco.com although I am sure there must be some.

we have a PCMCIA card in the router so we can store the IOS and image locally.

Gary

Reply to
Gary
Loading thread data ...

Gary schrieb:

Hi, why don't you use a tftp-server for the backup ? copy flash tftp and copy start tftp

after changing flash and memory assign an ip-address and then copy tftp flash and copy tftp start.

bye christoph

Reply to
Christoph Hanle

How will it boot without an IOS?

Will the bootstrap IOS be enough? Is that what you are saying?

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Change the RAM, change the FLASH. You wont lose your config because thats in the NVRAM. It will boot off your PCMCIA card providing there is an IOS image on there. You can then copy that to FLASH or copy a new image to FLASH from a tftp server.

Cheers

Matt

Reply to
Matty M

Copy flash:iosimagename slot0: ! moves flash to slot copy stratup-config slot0:config ! puts sonfig file on slot

Once the flash SIMMs are removed, system should boot from slot 0, if not you should be able to instruct the system to boot from slot0: from ROM monitor (boot slot0:)

Then just reverse

copy slot0:imagename flash copy slot0:config startup-config

Reply to
Phillip Remaker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.