Radionics RAM IV

Sorry if I only seem to come to this board to ask stuff, its the only place I can find with people who can help with this stuff.

I am looking for a copy of the Radionics RAM IV software, preferably with the newest updates for panel compatibility. I'd like to install it on my server, yet I don't want to install RPS for storage reasons. My server runs Windows Server 2003, so RAM IV would run nicely on it.

PS if anyone needs a copy of RAM II for some reason, I have one, its also not able to be found easily online.

Thanks in advance, Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC
Loading thread data ...

Sorry, Can't help you with this one. I really avoided anything to do with Radionics. I'm not one for joining dealerships or exclusive equipment cadre's. I always thought (and still do) that using equipment that entrapped the end user into having to use an installer from an exclusive group also entrapped the dealer. And having been in this trade for so many years I've seen them all come - - - - - - - - and without fail - - - - - go. Leaving not only the end users but the dealers without support.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Very well said Jim!!! Ditto Ditto Ditto

Have a good day!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

formatting link
You can't install and use it from a server, you can have the database on the server but the software has to run from the workstation

Hope you have the dongle or it won't do you any good

Reply to
mleuck

Around here they seem to last longer than the non-exclusive equipment dealers, couple of companies installing Radionics/Bosch have been in business for over 20 years.

Reply to
mleuck

Hello Mark, I'm planning to run it on that server is because it already has a bunch of modem cards in it, It'll mainly be for unattended programming anyways, but I can always remote into it for programming panels. Why I want RAM IV over RPS is it will most likely run better in such an old environment. I'm not sure if I could get RPS to run nicely on that server without using up a whole lot of resources. I do have a D5370 parallel dongle on its way, so that's taken care of.

Reply to
KJ7BZC

, A whole "couple" huh? . I'm sure there's a "couple" left around here also. I'm thinking that they've likely taken over all the remnants of all the other failed Radionics installers. , Back when Radionics first came out, it seemed to me, around here at least, that some of the larger companies took on the Radionics dealership as an adjunct to their regular installations and you'd see Radionics in banks and hotels and all the big installations. However there were quite a number of smaller installers around here who became dealers and it was their exclusive installation operation. I thought then, as now that they probably thought that they could "capture" their customers so that they couldn't leave unless they were willing to pay to have their panel and keypads replaced. Which - - - in many instances was the case. Again, in my opinion, I think that any installer with that kind of mind set probably wouldn't have been able to stay in business for any great length of time anyway, regardless of which equipment they used. Seemed that a lot of these companies didn't provide good service either (which is likely related to the "capture a customer" mind set. ) . With the number of "dealers" who no longer existed, In my experience, when ever I was called and there was a Radionics panel, It's because the "dealer" was no longer around and and they couldn't find anyone but another "dealer" who could gain access to the panel to take it over. It was always the case that the end user didn't know that they had equipment that could only be serviced by a choice few. And that also seemed to be the experience of the non "dealer" installers that I knew. Most of the end users that I came in contact with didn't want to have another Radionics dealer come in to take over their system because they didn't want to be "captured" again buy another exclusive dealer. Of course that was with a little prompting from me. . The one thing though that was tough to over come was that Radionics had the jump on most of the other manufacturers in technology and trying to convince a Radionics user to give it up was sometimes difficult. It was a few years before other manufacturers caught up. Morse came out somewhere around that time with their newly designed keypad, which went over quite well. That wasn't part of a dealership offering though. Unfortunately for Morse, they never advanced the development of their panels much further than their introductory panel. I still have a few Morse panels still operating. . But - - - - - that was then. I haven't come across a Radionics in years and of course now days taking over a panel is easy if it's just a central station switch.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.