Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help, I am getting BOOT ERR: bad code image header (Foundry FastIron)
I am not able to get my switch to boot after I rebooted it. I am getting BOOT ERR: bad code image header on my FastIron Edge 4802-POE. The "boot Monitor" is all that I am getting. My Flash/MEM files...

Question regarding small network w/ 2 WAPs
Hi all.. For a remodel at home that I'm working on, I was thinking of moving from a single generic wireless router I'm using now to a pair of Cisco Aironet 1242's (or one of its cousins) -- one at...

Comcast
A client of mine is attempting to use Comcast and their pt-to-pt Fiber MPLS in Houston, Tx. We are getting nothing but runarounds, missed installation schedules, and no return phone calls or e-mails....

Newbie: routing between two internal subnets?
Hi: I have a PIX 506e with an internal subnet of 192.168.1/24. I have a Dell web-managed switch on the inside network that defaults to IP 192.168.2.1 for managed access. My internal clients on the...

Cisco VPN client OK - Checkpoint VPN client not OK
Hi, I have my PIX set up allowing VPN clients in. A Cisco VPN client (v4.0.3D) can get in OK but a Checkpoint client (R56 Build 311) can't. The Checkpoint client never appears to hit the outside...

Join 2 Networks
Howdy, I have a cisco 1720 router, windows 2003 PDC, 2 2950 cisco switches 1 cisco PIX. Network1. The PDC acts as DHCP and has to authenticate all users and gives ip 192.168.0.x. Network2. Has PIX...

Not seeing all VLANS
Hi I have several switches, a 3750 Catalyst, a 3650 and 2 2960's The 2 2960's are not seeing all the VLANs and I can't work out why All switches are using VLAN1 and all are in the same subnet...

3750 no answer TTL Time exceeded
Hi, i have a 3750G Stack with iBGP enabled. Routing works fine, but there is no answer from this Switch if the TTL=0. e.g. if i traceroute over this switch. With Linux or Windows its the same effect...

How to allow access through Cisco ASA
Can someone help me with this. We have an ASA doing NAT for our network. We have a webserver on our network. Lets say the IP address for the wan port on the ASA is 206.123.123.123. When I am on the...

configuring DHCP snooping on the 2900 series Layer 2 switches.
Anyone seen a documet on configuring DHCP on 2900 series switches? William J. King Networking/Telecommunications ( e-mail ) Actually 21 degrees 17 minutes 56.2653 seconds North 157 degrees 48 minutes...

WAN Accelerators
I was wondering if anyone has had involvment with WAN Accelerators in terms of hardware. I have been looking at Juniper WXC and Cisco WAAS.

QoS for VoIP traffic
Hi, I'd like to have some type of QoS for VoIP (SIP/RTP) traffic between 2 sites. Have you some good reference for the simplest method to use? Thanks in advance Mimmus

Pix 525 Hub and Spoke VPN
Hi, I have a centralized Pix 525 with about a dozen various Pixen 515's, 506's and 501's dynamically connected vwith DES Ipsec VPN's to the static 525 spoke. Recently several of the spokes seem to be...

DHCP on 2 ip blocks
Dear All, I have 1.1720 cisco router with 1 eth connects to ISP Internet 1 fastethernet card connects to LAN 192.168.0.1 1.Domain controller Windows 2003 server ip 192.168.0.2 1 Cisco Pix firewall on...

CBWFQ Cisco 2600s
QoS affects the order that packets are transmitted on the output interface *if* there is congestion, i.e. packets are arriving faster than they can be sent. It doesn't affect how the packets are...