Placement of DSL Modem

I have a SpeedStream 5100 that I obtained through my recent SBC DSL signup. In reading about DSL on line since then, I thought I came across a statement that I now can't find that a DSL modem should be kept away from anything else electronic. Is this true? Should I keep is at a distance from my monitor (a CRT), speakers, and CPU, or can I place it anywhere? Thanks,

John Hale

Reply to
John Hale
Loading thread data ...

There may be some benefit to keeping it distant from your radio and TV, but there shouldn't be any problem having it close to your computer.

Reply to
Neil W Rickert

Any electronic device radiates a certain amount of hf radiation. This radiation might affect other electronic devices. Engineers make considerable effort to minimize radiation from their devices and, on the other hand, harden their products to make them less prone to accepting interference.

Unless you expericence difficulties, like slow data transfers for example, there is no reason not to place the modem close to the rest of your hardware.

Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Wenzel

Thanks for the answers.

Reply to
John Hale

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.