Linksys Power Light wont stop Blinking

I have a Linksys Cable/DSL router which is not in front of me right now so i cannot write the model no specifically but it is within 5-6 months old. The power light constantly blinks and I cannot get it to stop. Ive changed outlets, power strips, tried holding the reset button for an extended amount time, unplugged it still holding the reset button. It still wont stop blinking. Linksys wants me to send my router back and then get a replacement but I thought someone here might have encountered this and could help.

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
douglas.lane
Loading thread data ...

I don't have the manual in front of me, but I think I recall that the flashing light means that the firmware is corrupt. Check the manual. If so, you may be able to fix the problem by reflashing the firmware.

Reply to
mcp6453

I thought that was the "DIAG" light, which is red. The Power light tends to be green.

In response to the original poster, I think that sending it back to Linksys would be a very good idea.

Reply to
Pete Stephenson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.