Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

wireless cameras and surveliance
I am new to computers and wireless. I am gone alot from my house and would like to know what is going on in there while I am gone. (Especially children). Is there a way I can monitor rooms in my house...

implementing wireless security
If blocking the SSID, filtering the MAC address, and using the packet encryption doesn't fully secure a wireless network from packet sniffers, then what will? Just how many data packets have to be...

Connect laptop-desktop?
Is this a ng for this? Have a Dell desktop 3rd floor with a Lincsys Cisco wireless router, Comcast cable internet. New Winbook laptop 1st (usually) floor, built-in 802.11. Both WinXP. Laptop...

Netgear DG834G + external antenna
Hi Does anyone know if you can connect an external antenna to a Netgear DG834G. I need to mount the unit in a cupboard a floor level and figure this is not an idea place to allow decent propagation!...

NETGEAR WG311T Only Connects to Netgear Networks
Hi all, I have a Netgear WG311T PCI card and Netgear's software installed. I'm picking up about 4 networks from adjacant businesses at my apartment and they are usually of the same signal strength...

wg302 and fwag114
Howdy, I'm using an FWAG114 as my router and would like to know if a WG302 can used as a wireless bridge to it? Thanks!

Site Survey with Cisco 350
Tried to do a site survey using a Cisco 350 the other day and the AP seemed to continue to "time out." It would quit transmitting every 5 minutes or so. Do you know if this is a function of the AP? I...

WRE54G work with wap55ag?
linksys site says wre54g wireless extender works with wap55g, but it doesn't say it works with wap55ag. Does anybody know if it works with wap55ag?

Anyone know if Belkin Pre-n router offers advantage to people with 802.11g connections?
What if I get a new laptop that has a built in 802.11G and then buy one of these Belkin pre-n routers. Is there any difference to be had? I would think not since the pre-n would have to fall back to...

D-Link G604T Unable to connect the Wireless part
OK, real new at this, so may need some prompting! Have a D-Link DSL-G604T Router and ADSL Modem that has LAN ports as well as a Wireless connection. Have set everything up via the HTTP:// wizard....

Automatically Connecting to Best Signal Strength
This may be an easy question for readers of this group but I can't seem to find an answer (if there is one). I have three US Robotics access points that give me great 802.11g coverage throughout the...

MA401/MA301 confusion
Dear All, I have a Netgear MA401 PCMCIA card and the MA301 Wireless PCI adapter. Installing under Win98SE on a desktop machine, the drivers required (from the driver CD) are those for the MA301 and...

Can access Internet but not my fileservers
Hi, I have a curious problem and don't know what to check else. I have a PC with a newly installed WIN98SE and a DLINK G520+. I can access the Internet and can do http and ftp operations. But I cannot...

XP Home Logon takes several minutes
Ever since loading of XP SP2 my laptop with the Broadcom BCM4306/BCM2050 chipset and driver ver 3.30.15 has not been happy. Even though it recognizes the router, it takes several minutes before a...

Accessing AOL through wireless modem / router
I've given my Vigor 2600we to a friend and am trying to connect to her aol broadband. Talked to help desk and all connection info is correct so the configuration of the modem seems just fine. However,...