Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless Hotspot to LAN Access
I have a small office near a hot spot in Fla. Is there anyway to use this as a leased line alternative by tying it into my LAN? I had the idea to use a Wireless Ethernet Bridge connected to the WAN...

Wireless G Range Extender question - please
I have a WRK54G wireless router that works great on my main computer and another that is connected via USB (WUSB54GS). These work well, other than the occaisional need to reset the router to get the...

Monitoring Content of Connections
Is there an application that allows me to sniff or read-and-pass-along content of users joining their wireless connections? I think there is a virtual server system that might allow this, right? The...

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WITH THIS Personality Disorder Harold westover 707\326-8873 hwestover@earthlink.net
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WITH THIS Personality Disorder Harold westover 707\326-8873 DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WITH THIS Personality Disorder Harold westover 707\326-8873 because he is a transcendenta...

A question for the experts out there...
Greetings. I would appreciate some advice. I am hoping to provide free wireless access to a low income retirement community consisting of 100 small houses located 50 - 150 feet apart. The terrain is...

WiFi exploit via duplicated SSID
I read a discussion on this potential exploit on another forum. Unfortunately, that discussion descended into silliness (lame jokes). So here it is: I am running a wireless network. Some rogue finds...

SMC Barricade Slow
I've got an SMC Barricade 7004AWBR wireless router with a cable internet connection. Lately, download speeds to my desktop computer connected by network cable are painfully slow (60 Kbps) but upload...

I have a netgear 240 wireless router.....Network problem!
I have a netgear 240 wireless router (240mbps). my ISP is Verizon. When i set up the router using the disc i lose internet on the computer I'm setting it up with even though it says its connected....

NEWS: Smart radios still too dumb
... At the end of July, the FCC's engineering office published two sets of results from a four month trial of agile radio equipment submitted by the "White Space Coalition", which includes Microsoft,...

FS: L4.5PNF-RC 5/8" Andrew N-type for LDF4.5-5
Getting rid of a lot of connectors as we clean out old inventory no longer needed. I will have more antennas and other related equipment later. 5/8" Andrew Connectors for LDF4.5-50 MALE/FEMALE...

NEWS: Public Wi-Fi even more insecure than previously thought!
[see IMPORTANT NOTES below] How to gain permanent access to Gmail accounts Black Hat Users of Yahoo! Mail, MySpace and just about every Web 2.0 service take note: If you access those services using...

NEWS: Google leaps into new Sprint portal (WiMAX)
Apps for WiMAX Who says wireless carriers can't play nice with Google? As it prepares to introduce a new WiMAX broadband wireless network in a handful of major American cities, Sprint has announced...

Help with Wireless question please
I have a Linksys Wireless setup that I am happy with overall, but I have a particular room in my house that does not get a good enough signal. I was considering replacing everything with Wireless-N,...

wireless router and VPN server
Hello, I am looking for a cheap wireless router that could be setup as a VPN server for DSL cable broadband (Virgin in UK). Any suggestion? Regards

Is there a mac compatible wireless n usb adapter?
Hi, I just bought an airport extreme (n) base station and I was wondering if there's a mac compatible wireless n usb adapter? All the adapter I've seen don't mention mac compatibility. Thanks for any...