Zyxel 660HW

If you have a software firewall, check its settings to allow for file and print sharing and/or place all of your networked pc's in the trusted zone.

Reply to
Doug Jamal
Loading thread data ...

It's Windows Networking problem. Make sure ALL your computers are on the SAME 'workgroup' and have file sharing enabled (individual folders if you like). Regards, martin

Reply to
Martin²

Hello,

After some hesitation today I bought a wireless router/modem. I used to have an Alcatel Speedtouch 510v4 but I wanted wireless network for my laptop. Therefore I bought the Zyxel Prestige 660HW and a PCMCIA card: Zyxel ZyAir G160. After reading the manuals I swiftly installled the hardware and made the necessary configuration settings. This resulted in a lot of good things:

- My modem makes connection with my isp.

- All my aattached to the modem [the big ones -> wired, the laptop ->

wireless] do perfectly make connection to the internet

- All my PCs wired to the modem can see each other via the Lan

However:

- My laptop can NOT see my other PCs in my lan: I CAN ping to my modem/router, but I CANNOT ping to the PCs wired to the modem/router.

Hmmm,... this looks like a routing problem...

As far as I can see all the network settings are fine: they are in range and the masks are 255.255.255.0 and the gateway is set to the modem 10.0.0.138 on all PCs...

I must admit I don''t run a DHCP server, so all network settings are made by hand. The IP addresses I use are:

pc1: 10.0.0.150 pc2: 10.0.0.151 pc3: 10.0.0.152 laptop 10.0.0.160 modem 10.0.0.138

Perhaps can anyone share some light on my problems?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Hans

Reply to
Hans Mugge

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response.

On all PCs no firewall software is running. In addition I can't even PING to another computer so windows file sharing / workgroup should not be the issue. [two pcs are running debian linux]

Somehow the ip packages are stopped at the router/modem.

Perhaps any other ideas?

Thanks again,

Hans

Reply to
Hans Mugge

Eureka!

Finally after hours of trying and searching on the internet I found a description about a similar problem with a prestige 650.

The solution is to go via telnet to the router [not the web interface!]. Go to general setup and make sure the bridge option is marked YES.

It now works like a dream...

Thank you all!

Cheers,

Happy Hans

Reply to
Hans Mugge

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.