Wireless to wired connection via router...

Hello everyone!

I have the following extremely irritating problem: I have a home network with 3 PC's and a wireless router. Two of the computers are connected to the router wirelessly, and the third - via wire. Everything is OK with the internet connection on all computers. The problem is I cannot make the wireless connected computers see the third computer over the network and thus have File and printer sharing. It is important, because my printers are connected to the "wired" computer and I need to have access to it via the network to be able to print.

All three computers are on the same workgroup, the two with wireless cards see eachother and communicate, but neither of them is able to see the wired PC! however, when I a ping of the wired computer is possible, but it cannot be seen in Network Neighbourhood.

What can be the problem? It really drives me nuts!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
kamelot
Loading thread data ...

It drives other people nuts when somebody posts a technical question on Usenet without including basic information about the hardware and software being used.

Reply to
Neill Massello

Devil's in the details that are not provided.

Reply to
Cal Vanize

It's most likely a firewall problem on the wired pc.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.