wireless dies when lan is on...why?

I happen to live next to a wireless hotspot so two computers, two usb wireless adapters and away I go with no probs. But the main computer has the only printer (my other printer just died). I wanted to access it remotely from the second computer so I got a netgear wireless router and hooked it up to the main computer. I had to do it manually because there is no internet ethernet connection to allow it to be installed by the netgear wizard. Anyway, I created a network, shared the printer, used wep, and viola I can see the printer and print remotely. Cool, but now the main computer loses it's wifi internet (or it crawls at snails pace.) It has to do with the LAN or local area connection being on with the wireless router. If I disable the LAC the wifi internet works great. Enable it wifi sucks but I can print remotely. Is this conflict normal? Is there anything that can be done to have both up and running?

Thanks yks

Reply to
yksmir
Loading thread data ...

Windows xp by the way

Reply to
yksmir

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.