Unique situation - Two machines connecting to one wireless network but share one printer

Hello,

I wonder if someone has done this where you have access to university's wireless network. Two students sharing a dorm want to share a printer among them without the RJ45 connection.

- Notebook 1 gets an IP from the wireless network

- Notebook 2 gets an IP from the same wireless network

I am not sure if you could have a wireless print server connection to the university's wireless network and be shared for both notebooks. Any other way? Suggestions?

Thank

Reply to
avtar
Loading thread data ...

As far as I know can't use the U's wireless, but you can do it very easy and free... Hook the printer locally to one of the two systems, enable printer and file sharing, the main computer with the printer has to at least be on (but nobody has to be logged in, just open the top so its sitting on the logon/password screen when you want to print, print, then cloe the lid again so it goes back into standby)... On your computer go into the control panel and add the printer (that is actually on your roomies puter), and when you want to print, tell the prog to print on that printer (or set it as the default and just print)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.