Where can I find instructions on how to setup wireless file sharing?

Wireless file sharing is EXACTLY like wired file sharing. If you ran an ethernet cable, there would be no difference in setup.

There's quite a bit under:

formatting link
looks about right:
formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Of course, I read the above article after I post it. In the above article, the author assumes that there is no DHCP server in the system. Therefore, he assigns static (fixed) IP addresses to both computahs. As all wireless routers have a DHCP server, static IP's are not needed and DHCP assigned IP's will work. Therefore, the first step, where he assigns the IP's is *NOT* necessary. It's also not necessary to install NetBEUI protocol as TCP/IP will work just fine. Start at step #1 and pay attention to what he says about logins and passwords, which is where networking between W98/98/ME and W2K/XP usually screw up.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Hi

Ive successfully set up wireless ICS with a Netgear 834.

I'd love to know if its possible to also share files/printer between the machines (2 PC's and 1 laptop).

Any info on where I can find instructions on how to set it up would be very welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Ian

Reply to
Ian R

What OS and version are you running on your machines?

Reply to
Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for reply Laptop running Win XP Pro

1 PC running Win XP Home (connected directly to Netgear 834) 1 PC running Win 98SE

Thanks

Ian

Reply to
Ian R

Sharing printers

formatting link

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.