Pc and Laptop file sharing..Wireless

Im trying to share files between a laptop and pc using a Linksys wireless WRT54G gateway modem the gateway modem is connected to the pc and im using a wireless laptop can this be done please can you help me with this query thanks

Reply to
Zenny
Loading thread data ...

Are you trying to just share files on the two machines hard disks (and maybe a printer), or share access to the gateway modem from both pc's?

Sharing files and printers is easy. The shared internet connection is supposed to be easy, however there are quite a few things that block Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). Like firewalls, virus blockers, system cleaners, etc.

Which are you tring to do?

Reply to
Peter Pan

"Zenny" wrote in news:4261cda2$0$26334$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

If this is a Windows O/S, then sharing resources between machines is no different if the machines were all wire connections. You configure the O/S on the machines to share resources between machines and it has nothing to do with what type of connection wire or wireless the machines are using.

The link covers all the Windows O/S(s) and how to configure them to share resources and it makes no difference wired or wireless.

formatting link
It seems that you may be in need of this too. ;-)

formatting link

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Reply to
tzar

From your description, you can share the internet connection, but are having probs with the file/printer sharing over the network. For that (printer and file sharing) you don't need the address, since it is all Local Area Networking

There are many ways, but the way I do it, is just to start windows explorer, point to the folder (or root) of what I want to share, and right click and select sharing and security, and follow the prompts. As a security measure, file sharing is turned off/disabled unless you specifically turn it on. For the printer, I go to control panel, select printers and faxes, select the printer, right click on it and select properties, select the sharing tab and put in the info.

Nothing wrong with network places, I just do it differently, and can't give you the steps for that way.

Suggesti> im able to share internet accsess no problem

Reply to
Peter Pan

Reply to
Zenny

Care to take a guess at how much the other users of that group enjoy your "ragging" and encouraging a troll to post even more drivel?

Reply to
Rôgêr

Well if you don't have a *clue* then I know you don't have the machines names in the same *Workgorup* and thay are not going to see each other and will not be abl to share resources and a printer.

The link I provided gives you the *clue* and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Reply to
K-Cunt-Luscious

Oops!

I am sorry about the post name as I am doing a little *ragging* in another NG. ;-)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Rôgêr wrote in news:45mdnZ5VqqnQUf snipped-for-privacy@pghconnect.com:

Like that's going to stop K-Cunt from doing anything. ;-) So, I might as well dog her out on GP when the opportunity presents itself. Life is short and then you die so one might as well have a little fun. :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Thanks for all your help Iv given up i will purchase a cable and plug the laptop in to share my files Sorry for wasting your time

Reply to
Zenny

Glad my kill file still works :-)

Reply to
Scrote

"Scrote" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.com:

Keep me in there too that way I'll never hear from you. ;-)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.