Using a Linksys WRT54G & Netgear DG834 together...

I'm not sure; there's certainly nothing that says 'AP' or 'access

point', but there is a drop down where you can select for it to run as

a router or a gateway (I've tried both, but suspect its the latter

option I need).

Reply to
pwhite8314
Loading thread data ...

hmmm - i am sorry but i think you are out of luck here with the unit you have. you need to have a device which can act as a client to your main AP and it can then act a little like a bridge and give access to your other bits upstairs. i think that unit you have is a simple AP and you cannot really link it back into the main network without a cable.

normally in that situation you would get two bridge units and position one at either end. a quick fix might be to get on of these linksys things for your wife's present:

Linksys: WGA54G - Wireless-G Game Adapter

formatting link

HTH, cheers

Reply to
Noel

hmmm - i am sorry but i think you are out of luck here with the unit you have. you need to have a device which can act as a client to your main AP and it can then act a little like a bridge and give access to your other bits upstairs. i think that unit you have is a simple AP and you cannot really link it back into the main network without a cable.

normally in that situation you would get two bridge units and position one at either end. a quick fix might be to get on of these linksys things for your wife's present:

Linksys: WGA54G - Wireless-G Game Adapter

formatting link

HTH, cheers

Reply to
Noel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.