Unstable wi-fi connection with D-Link DI-624 router and WPA-PSK

Hi,

I have two wireless routers: SMC2804 and D-Link DI-624. I have configured both to use WPA-PSK encryption. Both of them have updated firmwares.

The SMC works fine with my two notebooks (HP NC4000 and Dell Latitude

610, both running Windows XP SP2).

However, I am facing a lot of problems with my D-Link... With my HP notebook, the connection seems to be unstable (the notebook connects to the network. After some seconds, it desconnects and then re-connects... and so on).

My Dell is unable to connect to the D-Link (I always get the "limited or no connectivity" error). The weird thing is: if I connect the Dell using a normal LAN connection, it works and, after a while, the wi-fi connection also works... (???)

I=B4ve discovered that both notebook work fine if I change the D-Link configuration to WEP.

What is going on? I=B4ve googled for similar problems and I found many people with the same problem, but I didn=B4t find any solution...

Thanks,

Reply to
julio.hirose
Loading thread data ...

What kind of adapters are you using? D-Link routers are known for working best with D-Link adapters.

Reply to
optikl

Hi,

Both notebooks have native wi-fi adapters. I have tried a lot of different configurations (example: I disabled the Turbo Mode, the Enhanced Mode, etc), but the problem persisted. I can only use the D-Link router in the WEP configuration...

optikl escreveu:

Reply to
julio.hirose

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.