D-LINK DWL - 520 PCI connection issue

Every time I boot up my computer, I have to open the D-link utility and manually connect to the network. The D-Link untility thinks I'm connected and it says I have a good singnal, but I have to disconnect and re-connect so I can browse the web. This is very annoying, and has been going on since I installed the card (8 months?). My laptop has a CISCO card and it connects to my D-Link router and out to the internet without any issues.

The D-Link router is configured to only allow 3 pre-defined MAC addresses to connect, with their own assigned IP addresses. The Laptop connects fine on boot up. My Desktop doesn't, any suggestions?

Reply to
Sam
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I saw the same behavior with my DWL-AG530's and v4.1.2.72 drivers. (Upon first boot, I had to manually "bump" the connection to get it alive.)

Likewise, it was getting a good connection upon boot, but couldn't talk out, for it wasn't pulling DHCP right away. If you wait it out, it will get an DHCP IP within about ten minutes though. Annoying for me, because I have program that wants to talk on the internet right away to control a LCD panel. (Panel displays emails, weather, RSS feeds, etc.) Often, when it can't talk out onto the internet, it hangs.

I believe it is a bug in the drivers for I was getting the same behavior under WinXP and Linux (with the W32 drivers wrapped in ndiswrapper). Perhaps the load sequence is off or something.

My "solution" was to simply use the previous set of drivers, which are working fine. If you want to continue using the newest drivers, you could probably make a script that automatically makes the connection "bump" itself, I suppose.

Hopefully DLink will fix it soon...

Reply to
Eric

Thanks! I'll stay away from writting a script for now, do you know what driver version you are using?

TY!

Eric wrote:

Reply to
Sam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.