Problems w/ D-Link DWL-G730AP Pocket Router/AP

I just purchased a D-Link DWL-G730AP pocket AP/router. I'm testing it in all modes. It works in access point and client modes, but I'm having problems with router mode and connecting to the internet.

The device is attached to my RR cable modem with a cat 5 cable. My Dell

600m laptop with Dell TruMobile 1450 mini-pci modem connects wirelessly to the pocket router, the icons in the system tray and the Windows XP wireless network connection panel show the connection speed at 54 mbps, signal strength excellent, status connected and associated. The Dell wireless card utility gives me the same information.

There is no firewall or anti-virus software running. I'm using the default SSID, open system, WEP disabled. I can connect to the router setup utility using 192.168.0.30 and can make changes. I can successfully ping any website.

However, IE and Thunderbird don't connect to any website using this connection. I get the "This page cannot be displayed" message in IE. In Thunderbird, I get a failed to connect message.

I've read the quick installation guide, the manual, Googled, been all over the D-Link website, and haven't found a solution.

Please help. TIA.

insight

Reply to
Insight
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.