Trying to consolidate my networks

I'm looking to bring all of my computers on to the same network at home. I use DSL so I have a DSL modem, I also have Vonage so I have a Motorolla router for that. Both of them are currently set up to do DHCP and one give 15.x and the other gives out 0.x addresses. I would like to consolidate them onto the same addressing scheme (0.x) so when I connect wirelessly to my dsl router I can see my desktop (which connects to the Vonage router). Is there an easy way to do this? I've been looking all over the Vonage router's settings, and when I turn off the DHCP it doesn't seem to do the trick. I know enough about networking to get myself in trouble and do so regularly. :D

Reply to
xigaz1
Loading thread data ...

I'm not an expert but I think both routers need to be in the same network segment. Try turning off DHCP on the Motorola router and also giving it an IP address in the same series as the DSL router. You might have to reset gateway addresses etc. to make the PCs go to the proper place for the DSL connection and Vonage (whatever that is).

Reply to
John Fryatt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.