Router problem - acquiring network address

Hiya, can someone help me with a problem I have with my wireless adsl router.

I bought a Belkin one last Saturday, and it all seemed to be working fine, but yesterday lunchtime, when I switched my PC on, it said 'no, or limited connection' I tried using the 'repair' option, but it just keeps saying 'acquiring network address', but not getting any further than this. I switched off the router at the plug for about 30 seconds, then tried it again, and everything seemed fine. Then I switched my PC on again tonight, and exactly the same thing happened again. Switching it off and on again sorted it. Have a got a faulty router? Or is there a setting I've not got right somewhere?

I have the router directly connected to my PC, and a wireless connection to my fiancee's Laptop. Both PC and Laptop can't get any further than 'acquiring network address'

Thanks for any help given!

Matthew Long

Reply to
Matthew Long
Loading thread data ...

Your Belkin router is hanging, a known and too common problem with cheap low-end routers. If there's later firmware for your router, try that. Otherwise, unload the puppy and get something better.

Cheap, good, reliable -- pick (at most) two.

Reply to
John Navas

I took it back! I've bought a BT Voyager 2110 adsl router now. It was £10 more, but if it's more reliable, then that's £10 more well spent!

Matthew Long

Reply to
Matthew Long

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.