PCI Card Problems

Try a different PCI slot.

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

i have recently bought a BELKIN 802.11g wireless desktop network card- and all the other stuff needed for a home wireless network.

On installation of the card in to my primary PC, startup hangs before windows even starts up, leaving me with a flashing cursor and not much else.As soon as i remove the card from the PCI slot and restart, the machine boots up fine

I have installed the card in my kids machine and was up and surfing within 5 mins. so its not the card

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated

Reply to
Sally Luke

I have seen similar problems with certain wireless PCI cards and certain motherboards. I.e. I have a D-Link 802.11b PCI card, and it crashes one of my motherboards (an Asus board, so it's not a no name junky board. It doesn't matter which PCI slot I put it in, the system will not boot with it installed. I don't know if it's some sort of BIOS problem, or what, but it's not worth the time to troubleshoot it.

Reply to
SMS

Reply to
Sally Luke

So were you able to find a different brand card that WOULD work?

John Jones, Detroit

Reply to
John Jones

Reply to
Sally Luke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.