Speedtouch 576 hangs at "Acquiring Network Address" Wireless

Hi,

I'd be really grateful for any advice here:

I have a Intel Centrino Fujitsu laptop with a built in wireless card. The wireless card connects to other wireless networks but not my home one.

I also know my home network works, as I am using my fujitsu laptop with

an ethernet cable. My second laptop connects via wireless to my home network fine.

When I try to connect via wireless on my fujitsu laptop to my home network, I get:

"Connecting..." and it hangs at: "Acquiring Network Address"....

I've tried disabling the firewall, restarting the wireless connection and nothing works!

I'm using AOL (UK) broadband with a Speedtouch 576 router.

Oh - I can get the laptop to connect to AOL by disabling WEP security on the router. But I don't want to have to use an unsecured network.

Can anyone help! Thanks - alex

Reply to
Ali Chambers
Loading thread data ...

Check your setting for a dhcp server and dynamic/static ip's... The wireless portion can hand out wireless IP addresses, that allows multiple wireless connections each with it's own address, as more log on they get the next one available to be handed out.. however, if you only allow one address to be handed out, the first wireless gets it, and the next one tries to get the same address already in use by the first one (will usually hang on Acquiring Network Address).... Sounds like your symptoms...(second wireless, and same error message)

Could be a problem with using the same laptop as a wired connection sometimes and a wireless at others... I usually have to reboot my laptop when I change from wired/wireless connections.. you may want to try that first (thats easy, quick, and free :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Easy way to solve this problem as mentioned below is to just set up a manual ip address.. set it on the router then on your computer.. done.

Robert Kim

2611 s highway 101 suite 203 cardiff ca 92007
formatting link
> Hi,
Reply to
robert evdo hsdpa kim

Thanks for your help.

I solved the problem here - it was the WEP HEX key I needed:

formatting link
Alex

Reply to
Ali Chambers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.