Replacement for Netgear WGR614v4

Hi All,

I'm looking to swop out my WGR614 for an equivalent router; I'm experiencing problems with uPnP, and want to try an equivalent of a different manufacturer, to see if I can find one that works any better.

Can anyone recommend something similar? I'm looking for secondhand if possible, so it doesn't have to have the latest features such as MIMO, for example, but does need to have a mature uPnP implementation...

TIA!

Damian

Reply to
dskeeles
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

What problem are you having? I've had good results with UPnP on the WGR614.

Reply to
John Navas

Hi John,

I've posted in microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger, subject "Error

0x80ee000c / SIP Transaction timed out" (sorry - don't know how to cross-link via Google Groups!).

In short, I get SIP timeouts in Messenger, which appear to be due to problems with the SIP packets not getting through at some point. Microsoft suggest possible uPnP errors, and I've tried everything apart from replace the router, hence this is my next move.

Damian

Reply to
dskeeles
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Instead of relying on uPnP, why not configure your WGR614v4 to forward Windows Messenger ports? As a test (only), you could forward everything.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.