Problem with OID_802_11_CONFIGURATION

Hello,

I am programming a wireless location system in Windows, and I'm accessing the OIDs via the NDISPROT sample driver in the Windows DDK. I have noticed that the speed of a scan with BSSID_LIST_SCAN and BSSID_LIST is not as good as I need to have a reliable location estimation; maybe it has a new scan list in 500 ms or maybe it does in

20 seconds, depending on the card.

I have thought of changing the parameter DwellTime, and thought it can be a partial solution to have the scans more frequently completed.

And finally, to set the DwellTime I need to call OID_802_11_CONFIGURATION first to query the values of the configuration for the present netcard, and then I change the value of DwellTime (it appears to be a strange 0, but I don't know if this is really strange or not) and when I call OID_802_11_CONFIGURATION with the type IOCTL_NDISPROT_SET_OID_VALUE it fails, and error is 1784: The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation

Although, my buffer is just the same as I obtained excepting changing one value from 0 to 100, and the buffer sizes are as good as necessary.

Please, could somebody tell me how can I change the configuration with that OID?

Thank you very much

Reply to
luis.dat
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.