Simulation question

I took the 630-801 exam this week and I failed, here is what seemed to be the problem. I was working on a simulation with five routers. Four were internal and on was the ISP, the interface to the ISP was a serial interface s1/0. There were some no shut commands that had to be run on a few of the interfaces, however when I attempted to access the s1/0 interface I was not able access it. I kept getting the ^ under the 1 of s1/0. I ran the sh interface command and it showed the interface there. I was able to access the s0/0 and s0/1, any ideas on what the issue is. I thought afterwards that maybe I should have done a reload on the router.

Reply to
Frank
Loading thread data ...

The problem is us: why in heck we should spend the money on cisco? Cisco is clearly greedy for money: not only the exam interface sucks, and many commands are not available, but you have to answer everything is such a time pressure (blitz) that is unbeilivable! If you succeed you are not done yet: you just signed a contract to pay cisco again and again and again.

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude

Well, to access an interface you type Int s0 or int s1. You do not type int s0/1 or s1/0 and you do not type the letter o but the number 0. Sometimes, you might need to put a space between s and the number 0 or 1, i.e.: int s 0 or int s 1. Sorry if this might sound silly to you, but that's what i can think of.

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude

Very few routers, only the old fixed configuration type (ie 2500 series) use s0 or s1. The vast majority of routers out there use s/ (ie s0/1 s1/0 s1/0/1). Don't get your mindset to thinking to only the 2500 series...there's a whole heck of a lot more out there.

To the OP. It most likely simply wasn't a interface used in the sim or perhaps a typo in the sim.

Reply to
Brian V

Thanks for the feedback. In some cisco labs I dealt with s0/1 s1/0 type, mostly in load balancing.

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude

Reply to
Frank

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.