Pre-N systems

Has anyone tried out the new Pre-N wireless systems yet? If so any opinions or comments? I've beey looking at the Belkin systems and I'm digging in for some serious research now. I am aware the standard hasn't been formalized as yet.

Thanks!

-- Ned

Reply to
Ned Brickley
Loading thread data ...

I have the Belkin Pre-N equipment (router, wireless desktop and wireless notebook cards). They perform flawlessly with dramatically better range and speed than my previous Linksys "G" system. I upgraded for the increase in range more than for the speed increase. In what I consider a torture test, I can successfully and consistently backup and validate over 30 GB of data over a distance of about 20 feet and up one level of stairs in my house, which I was not able to do with the "G" system. As to the "pre" standard designation, at the current cost of equipment, I figure there isn't a huge financial downside to upgrading if something significantly better is included in the final "N" standard. YMMV, of course.

Reply to
Bob Horton

I have heard about the dramatic increases in speed and range, (Particularly range). I don't think there will be a problem once the standards are set. I'm sure new drivers will be available for download and we won't need to buy replacements for "non-standard" equipment. Looks like it may be time to buoild in he expense into the budget. :)

-- Ned

Reply to
Ned Brickley
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

"Google is your friend."

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.