Belkin Pre-N Network Card

Purchased the Pre-N card and router from Belkin. The router works great, but the card does not see the router during a scan. My old network card (Netgear) sees the router and runs fine. Tried the Belkin card in a 2nd notebook, but same results - does not see the network. Tech support was of little help, except telling me that PC card slot need to be a type III in order to run a 32bit bus card. However, my old Netgear card, which works, is a 32bit bus card. Any suggestions?

Reply to
a_2k
Loading thread data ...

The notebooks are both less than 2 years old. The Netgear card is a

32bit Cardbus. OS is WinXP Home.
Reply to
a_2k

Id say either the card was broke or something else is wrong. How old are the notebooks? Is the old netgear a PCMCIA or a Cardbus. What OS?

Reply to
Airhead

Did you load the Belkin software for the card?

Reply to
Rodney Kelp

Also how is the network setup?

To use wpa you need to use windows wireless config and not the belkin stuff. For wep you should be ok with either |Did the drivers install ok? Any yellow exclamation marks in the device manager?

Also do you have all the network settings you need set correctly (both for the connection, and also security for the wireless network config). Have you tried adding a wireless network manually with the correct sttings?

daniel

Reply to
Daniel Bennett

My guess is that you might, indeed, have the router set for WPA and

you're still trying to use the Belkin utility on the Pre-N card at the

pc. As suggested above, you'll need to let Windows XP manage the

connection, and then tell XP wireless networking to use WPA - then make

sure all the settings, key, etc are the same at both ends of the

connection.

I've been using all three Pre-N devices (router, laptop card, pc card)

for more than 2 months, and they truly blow away anything else I've

used (and with 26 years IT consulting experience, I've used MANY DLink,

Netgear, Linksys, etc, solutions - this IS the best I've ever seen).

Reply to
jonazen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.