Encryption setting won't save in Router

Hello, I have a Belkin Wireless Router. I have one computer wired to it and another I use wirelessly. Everything is fine when WEP securitiy is disabled. However when I access the Router through my wired computer, go to the setup page (192.168.2.1), click on Encryption and select the

64-bit manual option and enter my key and select 'Apply Changes,' the router does not save the setting. It always reverts back to 'Disabled.' I also tried with 128-bit, but the router is not accepting any security it seems like.
Reply to
Nick Douglas
Loading thread data ...

Thanks William, that was it. I was using Firefox.

Reply to
Nick Douglas

Are you using Internet Explorer? If not, try it, some Websites (including some built-in webservers on SoHo devices) don't always work properly without paying homage to our overlords in Redmond.

If that's not it, try (re)flashing the latest firmware and resetting the unit to factory defaults. If different firmwares map NVRAM differently they may get themselves wedged without a full reset.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.