Piggy Back on Neighbors Wiress Connection

I'd like to see if any of my neighbors have a wiress router I can piggy back off of. Can I just get a wireless router or would I need a wireless card for my computer?

Thanks, Pete

Reply to
Peter
Loading thread data ...

Well that's not nice. Why don't you go ask and they help you ser it up. Do you have a friend with a laptop with a wireless card?

Reply to
Rich

you're a great neighbour. and to answer your question, you only need a wireless PCI card, wireless USB stick, or wifi laptop PCMCIA card. routers are only necessary if you're hosting your own internet. rather than steal someone else's bandwidth and internet limits, go out, get a job, make money, and go pay for your OWN internet access. besides, there's a very low chance that you'll get access, with many networks actually having passwords that are a little harder than usual to guess/crack. so i dont really think that the cost of buying the card is worth it. pay for your own internet access, its a wonderful pleasure.

Reply to
David Fairbrother

Taking an example from the illegal aliens? Don't steal - it'll come back to bite you.

Reply to
George

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.