I'm Back

Loading thread data ...

Hello, Hello, Hello any body there.?

LOL welcome back...

Reply to
RTS

Well I certainly hope your 'time off' was worth it. So now, get yourself back to doing what you do!!!

Welcome home Bob!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Aren't you the Loxxon guy? (running away and hiding)

Reply to
mleuck

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 5:59:08 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:

Yeah, I'm back too.

Went to St Lucia. Nice but I wouldn't go back again.

Barbados and Grand Cayman are still my favorite places to go in the Caribbe an. French side of St Martin is pretty good and St Croix is Ok too. We went to Grand Cayman last year. I had heard that Barbados and St Martin where still coming back from the hurricane this year, so we thought we'd try St Lucia because we'd never been there before. Well, it's got some nice places to se e but it is just rampant with cruise ships and all the beggars that line th e docks and streets trying to sell you their cheap trinkets, beads and gett ing you to go on tours. Driving yourself is hazardous. Driving is on the le ft side of the road and the streets in the towns are so narrow that everyon e's side mirrors are either knocked off or bent back from hitting each othe r while driving. There are deep water drains on both sides of the road. and the roads between towns are so mountainous with hairpin turns that you nev er get above 40 MPH for short distances. But that doesn't stop the local dr ivers from crawling up your ass to get by you and others coming at you, pla ying chicken, in your lane on curvy roads to pass other cars. You can't go out to a restaurant for dinner any distance away from where you're staying because you don't dare drive the unlit mountainous roads in the dark. We pi cked up one personal guide who took us to some great spots in the mountains but the rest of the time we just went to beaches and a few daytime sights. it was relaxing but we usually like to explore and we didn't get to do muc h of that this time.

Also, we fly first class whenever we travel. This was the first time we've ever flown Delta. I WAS NOT impressed in the least. The only real advantage was seating two across rather than the three across in coach. Delta people were fine but that's about it. Food mediocre. I won't go into the details but it all started with the fact that they don't even have a convenient fir st class travelers lounge at JFK airport in New York. It was like a quarter mile hike to get to the lounge. And in St Lucia they wanted us to pay an a dditional $57.00 each to access the lounge. Not impressed at all! ! ! ! I've flown American air, Caribbean air and Cayman air and had much better a ccommodations for the amount of money paid for first class fare.

Next year, back to Barbados.

Reply to
Jim Davis

On 2/22/2019 12:27 AM, Jim Davis wrote:

, February 21, 2019 at 5:59:08 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:

ain.

orite places to go in the Caribbean.

St Martin is pretty good and St Croix is Ok too. We w ent to Grand Cayman last year. I had heard that Barbad os and St Martin where still coming back from the hurr icane this year, so we thought we'd try St Lucia becau se we'd never been there before. Well, it's got some n ice places to see but it is just rampant with cruise s hips and all the beggars that line the docks and stree ts trying to sell you their cheap trinkets, beads and getting you to go on tours. Driving yourself is hazard ous. Driving is on the left side of the road and the s treets in the towns are so narrow that everyone's side mirrors are either knocked off or bent back from hitt ing each other while driving. There are deep water dra ins on both sides of the road. and the roads between t owns are so mountainous with hairpin turns that you ne ver get above 40 MPH for short distances. But that doe sn't stop the local drivers from crawling up your ass to get by you and others coming at you, playing chicke n, in your lane on curvy roads to pass other cars. You can't go out to a restaurant for dinner any distance away from where you're staying because you don't dare drive the unlit mountainous roads in the dark. We pick ed up one personal guide who took us to some great spo ts in the mountains but the rest of the time we just w ent to beaches and a few daytime sights. it was relaxi ng but we usually like to explore and we didn't get to do much of that this time.

class whenever we travel. This was the first time we'v e ever flown Delta. I WAS NOT impressed in the least. The only real advantage was seating two across rather than the three across in coach. Delta people were fine but that's about it. Food mediocre. I won't go into t he details but it all started with the fact that they don't even have a convenient first class travelers lou nge at JFK airport in New York. It was like a quarter mile hike to get to the lounge. And in St Lucia they w anted us to pay an additional $57.00 each to access th e lounge. Not impressed at all! ! ! !

erican air, Caribbean air and Cayman air and had much better accommodations for the amount of money paid for first class fare.

Welcome back as well Jim,

I was in St. Luci a a number of years ago but it was only for about 8 h ours off a cruise ship. Of the ports visited on that trip the one that I would want to go back to would b e St. Thomas. We linked up with a couple from China.

We would have dinner together and make plans for the next morning in a new port. We would get a map, pick a beach on the other side of the island(minimal tour ist). Get off the ship, go to the end of the dock, m ake a deal with a taxi driver to take us there and th en be back in a few hours to pick us up and bring us back to the ship. We all enjoyed snorkeling and a ne w beach everyday was excellent.

It has been quite s ome time so my guess is going back will never happen.

When my wife and I go on a cruise, regardless of wh at the events or actions of the day, I look at it all as a adventure. Everything that happens is new and d ifferent everywhere. With an adventure around every c orner you are always discovering. For me that is the fun in it. Sometimes my wife sees it a bit different

but all in all she catches up.

She asked me about a month ago if I would ever like to go back to Singa pore and Hong Kong. Tempting, very tempting!! The ai r travel time just to get there is a bit nuts. Got t o really get use to being in an aluminum can at 30,00

0 feet or so for a lot of hours. Now that would be an ADVENTURE!!!!

Anyhow, it is now time for you to st art saving and planning for your next vacation. Have fun!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

She asked me about a month ago if I would ever like to go back to Singapore and Hong Kong. Tempting, very tempting!! The air travel time just to get there is a bit nuts. Got to really get use to being in an aluminum can at 30,000 feet or so for a lot of hours. Now that would be an ADVENTURE!!!!

I can imagine,. I was going stir crazy in just the 7+ hrs or so from Charlotte to Phoenix on our return flight. Yes they had us fly in the wrong direction first to come home.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Aren't you the Loxxon guy? (running away and hiding)

Nope. No bagels or cream cheese either.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.