PC Shuts down when I insert my Wireless USB

Hi guys. This is a strange one. I have a Netgear MA111 Wireless USN Adapter....whenever I insert my USB into the PC my PC shuts down. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem. Have had it working before on the same PC. Am wondering if this usb is conflicting with anything?

Am currently using a wired connection to use the internet but would love to be able to use the Wireless USB again as it was a good bit of kit.

Hope someone can help

Cheers guys

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
dthomas31uk
Loading thread data ...

Some (older) PC motherboards couldn't supply enough power to the USB ports, and used to crash if you overloaded them.

My own PC went through a phase of rebooting when you plugged something in a USB socket, due to a faulty ground connection somewhere. I took the case off, wiggled everything muchly, and the problem went 'way.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

yeh my shuttle did that I found if you put a usb hub in between the pc and the device that solved the problem

Reply to
maurice

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.