Outlook and wireless

I have a brand new Compaq Presario wireless laptop and SMC wireless broadband router. I have (I think) successfully installed the router and can browse the internet wirelessly. However Outlook Express cannot find its server whenever I go wireless - it is absolutely fine when the cable is connected directly from the Shaw cable modem but whenever I connect from the router (via the modem) or go wireless I get the Shaw server problem.

Thanks

Reply to
Jacqueline
Loading thread data ...

What model of router? Does it have a section called "Virtual Server" in it's setup? If so make sure ports 25,110,and 119 are enabled for the IP of your laptop.

Ted

Reply to
Ted

"Jacqueline" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

What is the IP of the machine when you go to the DOS Command Prompt and enter IPonfig /all on the wired connection as opposed to the wireless connection? If the IP starts with 169.254, then the wireless connection is not getting an IP from the router that's going to allow it to connect to the Internet.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.