Wireless t.v. tuner signal?

Okay people, put your thinking caps on. I have a "wireless g" laptop, and an external Hauppauge WinTV USB2 tuner. The tuner works great through the cable. I would like to be able to transmit the signal from the tuner wirelessly to the laptop. Bluetooth won't do it. First person to come up with a solution gets my undying gratitiude and free tickets to the Rolling Stones Centennial Tour, (when it happens, and I'm sure it will). Have tried going through desktop via Windows Encoder 9, with properly installed codecs, but just won't initiate on desktop......Thanks: Jim

Laptop is Compaq Presario R3440CA bluetooth firewire

Reply to
Skates
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for the tip. Didn't think about Encoder 7.1. I'll give it a whirl....Let you know. Jim

Reply to
Skates

Downgrade. Windoze Media Encoder 9 is a resource hog. Running it on anything less than the fastest hardware, with lots of RAM, is a waste of time. However, Windoze Media Encoder 7.1 is still available and works well enough. |

formatting link
However, if you're thinking of streaming full screen video in real time at 30fps, you're also going to need some horsepower on the receiving end. Try running it over 100baseTX wired ethernet before you attack the wireless part of the puzzle.

Athelon 64/3000+ 512MB. No clue on the video chipset or performance. Probably ok.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Hi,

Hope I am understanding you right and correct me if I am wrong, you want to beam TV signals to your laptop via wireless to your tv tuner.

If so I would use a Wireless AV Sender:

formatting link
and Paste the link) The only drawback is that the transmitter and your wireless card will clash as they both use 2.4Ghz (the transmitter really blasts it out). Therefore while receiving/sending TV you will have to temporarily disable radio on your wireless card on your laptop. If your microwave is running there will be heaps of crackling sound and fuzzy video.

You can also switch the transmitter and receiver so that you can play downloaded movies to your tv from your laptop. I use software called TVTool for that.

Hope this helps

Cheers Unicorn

Reply to
Un1c0rn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.