Outlook over Wireless

Hello,

I have the current issue, hopefully someone has seen this before, adn got it working. I have a laptop, with a wireless card, and a wireless Linksys router. I can connect to my office over VPN no problem. I can then ping the exchange server and get a response, and open all the network drives, and work as if i'm the office with the exception of Outlook. If I try to open outlook, i get the following message, " The add in "at_ext2.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem maybe resolved by using Detect and repair."

If i close down my personal folders and try again I get the following message

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The exchange server computer is not available. Either there are networks problems or the Exchange server computer is down for maintenance."

If I plug a LAN cable into my laptop and connect to the router, I can open Outlook no problem. I'm guessing this is a wireless issue, but just can't pinpoint it.

Help Please.

Mark

Reply to
mark
Loading thread data ...

And have you tried a repair?

It doesn't sound like a wireless issue at all, Outlook has no concept of knowing that you're connected via wireless, cable or serial or wet string.

When you connect wired, do you also establish a VPN connection? What protocol, which provider, which VPN client?

Out look is complaining about an add-in, which add-ins do you have loaded? There are none that I know for specifically wireless connections.

It sounds more like a name resolution issue. How are you pinging the exchange server, by IP address or by name?

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.