OT: throught between two wired ports on Linksys WRT54G

I have a Linksys WRT54G with two PC connected to its wired ports and a third one over 802.11g. When I transfer a large file (> 1GB), the transfer rate peaked at 25mbps. Is this resonable? Both wired PCs are connected to the router at 100mbps.

Reply to
no e-mail
Loading thread data ...

My understanding is that there is a max of 100mbs for all devices wired in, (50 each, but it's two way, so 25). I have the same, with both wired an wireless, and when I transfer from wired to wireless, it actually seems to go faster. Haven't timed or checked it, but it seems to take less time to transfer huge files using both wired and wireless (have a Win TV on my system, routinely capture 8-9 GB files)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Nope. If the wired PC's were running at 100baseT-FDX (full duplex), then you shoul be getting almost "wire speed". I typically get about

70-80 Mbits/sec between such switched ports. It can't be done with sluggish hardware and slow hard disks.

On the wireless end, 802.11g will run at about 25Mbits/sec. I'm not sure what you're doing, but if that's what you get via wireless, you're doing just fine.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.