Wireless internet sharing

I have a computer that has a wireless card in it. I have it connected to and outside antenna. I use this to connect to the internet. How do you share that connection with other computers in my home wireless. I have tried everything. I have wireless routers, repeaters but no bridge. Is there a way to do this wireless. Thanks Ed

Reply to
Ed Williams
Loading thread data ...

connected to and

I havent tried this particular setup so maybe someone could shed some more light on it. Configure your router as just an AP, no DHCP server. Plug a lan port from the AP into and ethernet card (if you have one) on your PC. Run the ICS wizard form the wireless adapter properties/advanced menu and follow instructions. What I am not sure of is how you get your IP address, is it static or dynamic. The ICS I think assigns 192.168.0.1 to your internet connection adapter which could prevent you from accessing the internet. I assume your sharing someones connection or is this a wisp??

Reply to
Airhead

Sure.. Theres a program that does that very well.. Part of windows called ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). Lets me share my internet from multiple Laptops/desktops/pda's. And have used it with Cable/Dsl/Dial-up/Cellphone/Data cards/WiFi etc.

Hate to sound "snippy", but have you tried a solution that is built into windows, instead of looking for an outside program, to do what windows already does?

Reply to
Peter Pan

which

Ed was kind enough to email me and let me know this did work for him. Thought I would update in case anybody else had the same circumstances.

Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.