Networkcard (usb) recommendations

Hi! I'm going to buy a networkcard (usb) (for my PC) and was thinking I could ask you guys for any recommendations! The card dosen't need to have "N" technology but it dosen't hurt! The thing that it should have is good reception and a stable one (even if the signal is a bit weak) and it is a big plus if it works with Linux (Mandriva)! It's mainly going to be used with a d-link router and there is a lot of walls between the router and the computer (but there is still a signal). The card can cost approximately 40$

Would be really great if you could help me with this!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Matrixxxx
Loading thread data ...

thread:

formatting link
You should check the websites of the major supplies of this type of hardware (such as dlink, for example) and see which of their devices support Linux. I.e., they need to come with Linux drivers on a CD. If they don't, you may be frustrated. I have seen long-winded procedures for making some wireless adapters work with Linux (didn't come with Linux drivers out-of-the-box), but they cause my eyes to glaze over when reading them. One of these procedures went on for over a page with very detailed instructions. If necessary, spend a few extra dollars and get something that works with Linux out-of-the- box.

Reply to
Dave

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:44:54 -0500, Matrixxxx wrote in :

You're not going to get stable reception if the signal is weak.

A better antenna will help more than a different wireless adapter.

Cheap ... fast ... stable. Pick two.

Fresh out of magic, sorry.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.