Netgear WGT624 problem

Hi,

First..everything has been working fine up to about 2 weeks go. No problems to speak of for 6 months.

I have 2 computers.

One is downstairs connected to a cable modem, also a Netgear WGT624 is downstairs, I have a pc upstairs with the proper adapter for Netgear.

The computer upstairs with the adapter is working fine.. but the last two weeks the computer downstairs keeps dropping from the network and now will not connect at all.

I narrowed it down to the router because upstairs is fine, i changed the connection wires is two spots..

finally out of desperation, I just connected the downstairs computer to the cable modem only and it works fine so I know its not the netork card..

I tried moving the wire from one lan slot to another lan slot and still getting the issue..

the only thing i can think of is to replace ...is the router any thoughts?

Thanks, Don

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
nomad118
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.