change settings on netgear wgt624 used as WAP

I'm having a problem getting to the configuring screen for my device. I disabled DHCP and assigned an IP address in the subnet that is currently being used by my router. (192.168.1.98) I connected the wireless router to my current router using a LAN port. I can now hook a wired connection to the WGT624 and an IP address is assigned correctly to the PC. I can ping the address I assigned to the netgear device. When I try to access the WGT624 by typing the IP address into a browser or typing

formatting link
(as suggest by the documentation) I get the netgear website, rather than the router.

Reply to
RichK
Loading thread data ...

It's a feature, not a bug. Try:

formatting link
It's in the docs, somewhere.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Reply to
RichK

"RichK" hath wroth:

Argh. My typo error. Try:

formatting link
perhaps: http://192.168.1.1/basicsettings.htm

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

That also gets me to netgear. In my case the 192.168.1.1 is 192.168.1.98, as I forced that IP because my wired router and dhcp server is at

Reply to
RichK

"RichK" hath wroth:

Well, at least the router is functioning and displaying the Netgear web pile. Are you sure it's really the web site and not something the browser dredged out of the browser cache? Try some of the links on the page. Also, try flushing the browser cache, switching to a different browser, or perhaps a different computah. It should work as I've done it many many times with similar Netgear products.

From the Netgear web pile: |

Yet another of my typo errors. Third time is the charm. |

formatting link
| http://192.168.1.98/basicsetting.htm

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Reply to
RichK

"RichK" hath wroth:

Different problem. Turn OFF the other machine and try again. Don't alternate logging in from two machines or you're sure to confuse the router. Same with logging in from the internet via remote admin.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.